Sunday, March 6, 2011

TRUE ???? # 30

TRUE  # 30

Carol has bought some new stuff for the cafe, one of those things shows graphically how much thought Carol puts into making sure she has everything she needs to operate efficiently. If one looks at the East wall, you will notice a new clock on said wall. In case of emergency, as in an influx of customers unexpected, one may simply break a spoon and/or a fork off the new clock if a shortage of silverware occurs. Now that is advance planning.

A few mornings ago, I was invited, repeatedly , and finally at gunpoint, to join The Wild Bunch at their tables for breakfast. I was blindfolded and searched, then made to sit between Darlene and Lisa. I think they may have been looking for a listening device, as I was armed, but they made no move to disarm me. After a few minutes they took the blindfold off, and said I could speak. I ordered a hubcap and bacon, and was then told I could speak to them, not Heather. I said: "I appreciate ya'll buying me breakfast this way," and Jim E. said: "It's my birthday, and if anybody's getting a free breakfast, it'll be me."  Can't argue with that logic at all, so I told Jim Happy Birthday.

Then I asked if that invitation meant I was being inducted into The Wild Bunch. Some of them said yes, some didn't say anything at all, and one person said I might get a bad reputation if I accepted, then someone else suggested an Honorary Membership. That sounded o.k., and I thought that might give me time to have background checks run on all of them, to make sure my Sterling Character could not be besmirched. The Wild Bunch has it's own "background checker", Pat, but I am almost nearly 50%
half-sure that Pat's being a Wild Buncher would nearly have maybe practically next to nothing in her sworn duty to give me honest results in a background check on her Father, her Mother, all her best friends that she grew up with, and their spouses.
I'll let you know how that turns out.

Gemini Man     copyright 2011
geminiauthor.blogspot.com
Facebook--burconthomas@gmail.com

If you enjoy these, sign on as a Follower so I can get some feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment