Sunday, August 7, 2011

TRUE ???? # 38

TRUE ???? # 38

For years now, Chester has been ragging me about my "21 year old Bronco", offering to give me a push if I need it or whatever if it should fail to start. I've always been able to come back with "it always starts", or something equally pithy. As luck would have it, this past Friday the Bronco refused to start. I knew it wasn't a major problem, and started trying to reach Chester, where he is "summering" in Pennsylvania, trying to escape some of this Texas heat. As if he knew in advance I would be needing his help, he laid a false trail to his "summer" telephone number that would have stumped Daniel Boone, but Chester, being a former Navy man himself, should have remembered that SEALs never give up. My Bronco was started, and I drove to the Cafe in time for breakfast. Then started it again to take it to my mechanic in Burleson. Though Chester did not get the satisfaction of starting the Bronco himself, he will be extremely pleased (I'm pretty sure)that my solution to the problem took into account that Chester has always wanted to help start the Bronco. I just called (long distance) EVERY triple A office in the state of Pennsylvania until I got the one in his town, & had them call a triple A office in Ft. Worth to send someone to my address to start the Bronco.

To show my appreciation to Chester for his "willingness" to help, I thoughtfully had ALL the bills sent to Chesters Ft. Worth address, where they will be awaiting his return to Texas in the Fall.


Gemini Man
copyright 2011

geminiauthor.blogspot.com

1 comment: