Saturday, February 9, 2013

TRUE ???? TOO # 2



2-13

TRUE ????  TOO                                                                                                 #2

Darlene had a big blowout birthday party, and I think she must have friends from all over, cause Rendon don't have that many people. She said there were 800 people, but I'm pretty sure there were 801 people there. Luma took the blame/credit for dropping the birthday cake on the floor, but she gave Darlene a choice of Chocolate Cheese Cake, Oatmeal Cheesecake, Strawberry Cheesecake, or Cheese Cheesecake as a replacement.(Something about a 2 for 1 sale on cheese). I guess Darlene don't like cheesecake cause she said she'd rather scrape the original up off the floor. The cake tasted fine and wasn't in the slightest gritty. There was music, and Chester ( who says he doesn't have any rythm) danced with most of the women there, some of whom agreed that he don't have any rythm.
Tammy was absent from the festivities, and her excuse was that she would have had to perform her famous "ladder" dance, and she was afraid someone would look up her dress while she was on the ladder, and even though I told her she could be starkers underneath the dress, and as long as she didn't forget to wear her "Lone Ranger" mask, nobody would know who was on the ladder. Of course if she danced often enough that folks could remember her steps, she might have to switch to a Zorro mask to keep her identity secret.

When last we spoke, I related an "egg tossing" event that took place a t Bella Vita. I know that some of you are really skeptic, but the egg toss actually did happen. Here is the rest of that story.
After breaking the egg I tossed to/at her, Tammy came out of the kitchen, holding yet another egg in her hand. She stopped at the end of my table, and said: "Was it Burt or Jim who threw the egg at me?" I was going to "man up" and admit that Jim did it, but when I raised my hand for permission to speak, Tammy took that as an admission of guilt, took one step forward, and brought that egg down, forcefully, on the top of my head. I was expecting to feel goo running down my neck into my shirt collar, and down my face into my mustache. I stayed remarkably dry, and gingerly began feeling the top of my head. At that point. something bounced off my nose and landed in my coffee. I fished it out with my fork, and it was a piece of mushroom. Further exploration into my hair revealed Onion, olives, sausage, bell pepper, jalepenas, cheese, Sunflower seeds, almonds, peanuts, grapes, and a partridge in a pear tree. This was all fresh stuff, just like Luma serves from the kitchen. Turns out that Tammy, meticulously cut a small hole in an egg, drained out the egg, washed the shell out with a scrub brush, rinsed it out twice, dried it thoroughly, then finished up.

As I was paying up at the register, I noticed the LAST item on my check, and the notation:

1 EGG-SHELL omelette-NO CHARGE.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment