Friday, October 28, 2011

TRUE ???? # 43

TRUE ???? # 43


***** Remember, when you see the stars, what follows is TRUE, no S??t.
The cafe's annual fall get together pot luck supper, this year called: "The In-Between Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Pot Luck Feast", ( TIBTACHPLF) will be held TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13. Bring a dish and $3.00 per person. Get particulars and sign up at cafe. *****

The Semi-Wild Bunch (if they are not all present, then they are only a semi-wild bunch) were in the back room this morning, so I went back and told them I was on a fact gathering mission, and couldn't sit down and visit. I asked them several questions, which they answered with alacrity and without hesitation. I knew what their answers would be, but I'm forced to act like all journalists and overlook the news while printing the "fluff". Suffice it to say, the "semi-wild bunch had nothing to hide, and I wasn't looking for anything anyway.

The same cannot be said of Carol. This morning, (another "this morning," and not the same one as above.), I saw Carol leave the cafe carrying two very large purses. I asked her if she couldn't find a bigger purse, and she said "no", glibly. That made me suspicious. We all know Carol doesn't do "glib". One of these purses would have held the left-over luggage that wouldn't fit in a Volkswagon, and the other one would have held the Volkswagon. During the course of the day, I skulked, sneaked, followed, and largely went un-detected. Carol teamed up with Jim and Sharon, Pat, Chester and Sally, and went to the "back 40" of the property of one of the Wild Bunch. I was unable to ascertain which of the "bunch" owned the property, but Jay met them there, so it might be his property.

All of them gathered at a HUGE, dead Live Oak tree. Carol, Sharon, Pat, and Sally climbed up the tree, some going higher than others, until they were strung out from about 6 feet off the ground nearly to the top. Jay, being the tallest, handed something up to the lowest in the tree, which was passed on up the chain to near the top. I could see each item passed up was attached to a rope so that it was a string of whatever it was all tied together, while Sharon, who was the uppermost in the tree was putting each item into a hole in the tree, and presumably lowering it down inside the tree on the rope. Luckily I had on my camo clothes, so the bunch couldn't see me as I sneaked to within a few yards of the happening.

It then became clear that all the items going into the tree were non-perishable things from the cafe. Coffee, flour, beans and such. I crept away pondering (this is one of those times when I ponder) what was going on. Later in the day, a thought came to me. I should have asked the semi-Wild Bunch if they were hoarding stuff. I believe they would have told me the truth just like they always do and said: "Yes, we are hoarding stuff." If I had done that, you'd be reading the whole truth and not my supposition. As it is, I can only surmise that The Wild Bunch have figured out that a depression is coming, with food in short supply, and if that happens, hoarding would be illegal. So, while hoarding is NOT illegal, they are squirreling away stuff the cafe will need to keep feeding us in the manner to which we have become accustomed.

Carol, remember I like Extra crunchy peanut butter.






Gemini Man
Copyright 2011


Geminiauthor.blogspot,com

No comments:

Post a Comment