Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TRUE ???? # 2

I saw something in the café the other day that shocked me, but I hesitate to articulate on this matter in the fear that at some later date I might get my veracity shot all to Hades. That being the case, I’ll move on to something that was not so shocking.

I stepped up to the kitchen window to say hi to Carol, and there she was standing on her head. When I asked her what that was all about, she said that was the only way she could see into the microwave oven. Seems that a REAL SHORT person set that microwave up, and Carol said that the way Tammy dealt with it was to lie prone, like a sniper would, but she [Carol]was more comfortable standing on her head, but admitting that it did tend to make her a little dizzy. Carol said that Tammy had been doing it a long time and was used to it, but for herself [Carol], she was going to put the microwave up on something to make it a little taller, and hoped that it would not take Tammy a real long time to adjust to being able to put something in the microwave without having to put down her snipers mat first. Some day we will get into WHY Tammy HAS a snipers mat.

Linda and I accidentally found out that the café IS OPEN after 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon Linda came home from work dog tired after a hard day in her air conditioned office. She said: “I really wish the café was open cause I really don’t want to cook tonight.” We decided that since our kitchen is WAY hotter than her office, she would just go pick us up some chicken express, which she did and we ate it. Thursday morning I discovered that the café WAS OPEN Wednesday night.

Seems Rhonda stays after lunch to oversee people throwing away quarters in the back room. She can fix a limited menu for anybody who wants to eat. Stuff  like Escargo a la Rendon’, T-Bone steak which thoughtfully has the bone removed and is ground up for ease in chewing, burgers, fries, salad, sandwiches, popcorn chicken, Lobster Bisque, and everybody’s favorite, Crawfish Etoufee with Creole sauce.

Linda and I went for dinner early Thursday, and had Chefs’ Salad. I wasn’t sure how formal this was to be, so of course I wore a suit and tie, with a red shirt (of course) and black jacket. I could have skipped the jacket, as we were the only ones there. It’s just possible that some other people have yet to discover that if a limited menu is your thing, and you like the ambience of paper plates, plastic utensils, and Styrofoam cups (as Rhonda is by herself), the Big Country Kitchen is where it’s at.


Gemini Man
copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment