Tuesday, October 19, 2010

TRUE ???? # 21

Carol is in the process of fixing up the cafe now that it is hers. She just put a couple of booths in the back room, for which she conscripted the labor from whomever was likely looking and available. Of course Carol would not ask anyone to do anything she wouldn't do herself, so she was at the helm of James, Jim, Chester, Pat and Chrissy. She was of course in the back where the whip would be most effective.

Chester was commiserating recently about needing a cycle buddy  and the name "Curtis" was mentioned. When asked by Chester to participate, Curtis said he needed more than two wheels. For the life of me I cannot figure out why anyone would need more than two wheels, but there is evidently quite a large body of people who feel two wheels are not enough. Despite Chester and me telling him exactly where the "Training Wheels 'R Us" was located, Curtis opted to stay off motorcycles until he is old enough to learn how to balance himself. He feels perfectly safe on a three wheel tractor racing 100 miles an hour over broken terrain chasing grasshoppers. He can eat a sunny side up egg but not ride a bike. If he'd use a motorcycle, he'd actually catch some of those grasshoppers.

I ordered a B.O.B. sandwich with onion, and it came out of the kitchen looking like a sandwich wearing a purple bowler hat. Bermuda onion, you know.

This morning, Tue. 10-19-10, Jay met Sheridan at her car to help her out of the car and into the cafe. Chivalry was Jays motive, but Sheridan told him she was capable of getting out of her car and into the cafe on her own. That's not at all like Sheridan. Then when she got inside, she came up to my table and asked if I had already eaten, which I had. She handed me this jar of salsa (which she makes and is as good as any you'll find anywhere) and said I could use it tomorrow. She seemed a little out of sorts, so I didn't mention that it was a baby food jar rather than the pint jar she usually hands me. I was sitting too far away from her to eavesdrop properly, and ya'll know what happens when I don't have all the facts at my disposal. There is a new game in the gambling world, and I fear Sheridan has fallen under its spell. It has caused many persons to be slightly "out of sorts" after having played this game. Unbeknownst to most folks, this game can only be won by 4 people in the whole world, because it has "fluctuating" rules. Heed this warning and stay away from the game BINGAPSLETTE21. The effects are not long lasting, so Sheridan is most likely her usual self as I write this. Come to think of it, that could be the reason Curtis stays off motorcycles.

The Committee will meet to make their decision Thu 10-28-10 if they can agree on that date and a time.

Gemini Man
copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment