Sunday, October 3, 2010

TRUE ???? # 18

When Linda and I went to the cafe for dinner Friday evening, the sign on the door for the cafe open/close hours read 6:00 p.m. for closing, and we thought it should have been 8:00 p.m.. When I asked Chrissy why they were going to close early, she said the sign should be 8:00 p.m..She had made that sign only that afternoon, and there was a whole string of 6's. Chrissy had gone to the twilight zone and was just writing 6's up the kazoo, temporarily forgetting where to make an 8 instead of a 6. She fixed the sign, they stayed open until 8:00, and I had a bowl of catfish for dinner. It looked and tasted just like Chili, but I figure if I keep saying it was catfish, my stomach won't be able to tell the difference, and cholesterol be damned.

I don't know what caused it, but Sat. morning Raymond said: "One person in here likes me," and raised his hand expecting to see at least 3 hands up, counting his. Toby got really interested in something on her plate, and Chrissy started looking around for coffee cups to fill. Don't worry, Raymond, the reason I did not raise my hand was only because I had a cup of coffee in one hand and a fork or something in the other. I'm nearly sure that probably  almost nearly half of the 5 % of customers who can practically hear some of what is said probably didn't hear you.

There was a meeting of the Wild Bunch Sat. morning. I heard absolutely nothing of what was said, so any conjecture I might make would be totally baseless, even if it was true. As the ranks of the Wild Bunch thinned as members finished breakfast, the group was pared down to the Spit & Whittle club. Since Carol got rid of the spittoons and banned spitting on the floor, the meetings of the S&W club are largely uneventful. Even boring. For that reason, I have had to add to my staff. A full time SPY, codename: Mrs Beasely will henceforth be in attendance at the cafe.

On Sun. morning, a mysterious Mr.X, handed Carol a long stemmed rose. I know this to be TRUE because I saw him hand it to her. James was not in attendance, so I will just call the stranger "JACK".

Donna was long faced cause her dart team got trounced 9 to zip. I must remember to ask Curtis if he is a tee-totaler, and if not he maybe could be hired to lead the opposing dart team astray with copious amounts of John Barleycorn  JUST BEFORE a match with Donnas team. Cheating, you say? NAH! Cheating would be to hire Sharon and Sheridan and Darlene to get blitzed and play for the OTHER team. Carol would probably get in on that, except she'd rather shoot than throw darts.

Gemini Man
copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment