Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TRUE???? # 17


I was on my way out the door the other day, and Jim was sitting in that booth right inside the door. He was brandishing (yes, brandishing. He was totally serious.) a flyswatter. He seemed to be concentrating on one particular fly, so I bet him he could not hit it. Before saying yea or nay, Jim cut loose a swing that Babe Ruth would have been proud of. It connected, too, but that was one bad a?? fly, and instead of dying immediately, it did a swan dive into Jim's bowl of beans. Quick as a wink, Jim pushed that fly to the bottom of the bowl and drowned it in bean juice. Unfortunately, the fly was about the same size as a bean, and Jim couldn't seem to find it. I told him that the fly wasn't all that much extra protein and wouldn't hurt him at all if he ate it. Wordlessly, Jim dumped his bowl on the table, and as I went to the Bronco, Jim was busy fingerpainting the table with bean juice. I saw him this morning, but he never said if he found the fly.

Ya'll might remember the little drizzle we had Sat. the 25th. I pulled up really close to the door to let Linda get out with her umbrella. Then I parked way the hell and gone on the other side of the parking lot. By the time I got  inside, I was just a mite wet, as Linda won't let me have an umbrella, but Carol was standing there inside the door, so I dried off on her. Comments were being made about chivalry not being dead, which some took to mean my getting Linda right up to the door, but I think they were talking about Carol letting me use her for a towel, which is the same as her spreading her cape across a puddle so my dainty feet wouldn't get wet crossing. Toby made Raymond walk all the way across the parking lot in the rain, and she didn't care if he got wet. That would have been a perfect day of work for umbrella demonstration people.

Some of our vacationing regulars are back, sporting suntans and such, as Chester and Sally vacationed in Lower North Cabo San Lucas, while Jim and Sharon laid in the sun at Upper North Cabo San Lucas. Nobody said anything about rain or sleet or hail or snow, but I have it on good authority that it can sometimes even snow in Upper North Cabo San Lucas, being so close to Canada and all. I think Cabo is a regional name for moose.

Everybody mark your calendar, because on Sept. 27, 2010, at precisely 5:48 p.m. , James did something right. I know this for a fact, because he told me so hisownself. I believe James is trying to get into the Guiness book of records, because at precisely 5:50 p.m., he did something wrong. Now James did not say he did something wrong, he merely said he forgot something, which we all know is wrong and totally unforgivable. I forget if two rights make a wrong, or two wrongs make a right or something like that, but in my case it doesn't really matter, because James knows what I'm talking about even if I don't, and who cares anyway?

The sign over the door now just says: CAFE.  Succincter it cannot get. (we sometimes make up words to keep you on your toes) I propose we have a cafe naming contest, with the winner to be chosen by a panel of judges. Anyone proposing a name CANNOT sit on the judging panel. Winner MUST be present to win, and the prize to be awarded a 100% absolutely FREE cup of coffee.

You can now read this newsletter, as well as: TRUE???? At HEAD SHED, and some other stuff at:
GeminiAuthor.Blogspot.com
Gemini Man   copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment