Wednesday, September 15, 2010

TRUE ???? # 13

There was a HUGE mess in the kitchen when I went in for dinner. There had been pretty much of a mess in the whole place, but I missed most of that. Cordalonan had been busy as a beaver cleaning tables, floors, windows, etc. I did not actually SEE the etc. being cleaned, but I was assured that it was done, and correctly. When I got there, the place was spic, and when I left it was span. Except for the kitchen, that is. It was piled up to here (you can't see this, but it's about belt high to me). With dishes. Carol got a good deal on some dishes and bought 'em. That will keep them from having to interrupt the cooking and waitressing to wash enough dishes for you and I (and Al) to eat off of. (or is that "from"?) Jay has been doing his share right along by bussing his own table when he's finished eating. I told him he was setting a dangerous precedent, but he said it's too hard to break the habit. I suspect that Jay, as a Five year old, cleaned off the breakfast table on his way out to the corral to break wild horses.
I've told those ladies time and again that the best way to wash all those dishes is to load up the back of Tammy's pickup and drive through the car wash, but they'd rather stand there in the sweltering heat (and I can promise you the heat was sweltering because I stood there in it myself for a good 45 seconds) and scrub on those dishes with a rag and a sponge and no telling what all until you can see your face in them. Dedication?
Anybody who did NOT see the pancake Carol fixed me the other morning get Curtis to show you the picture he took. She served it on a cookie sheet. I think it would overlap a hubcap.
I can see the look of consternation on your faces from here. You've never heard of Cordalonan before, and you are wondering if I'm going to tell you now who she is, or not. Her name is pronounced: Corda  low nan. Her sister is Dyamtrolonamanc. That's pronounced Die am tro low na mank. Last Name? NAH. I can't spell it.
I         seem        to        have          run        out           of             space,               so                I'll                       
 have                        to                wait                until  
        
                        next
                                                                                time.

Gemini Man
Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment