Thursday, September 2, 2010

TRUE ???? 7

    Darlene did a floor show the other day that had the audience absolutely holding their breath. Afterwards, she stated that it was a one time thing, and she would NOT be giving an encore performance.

     The other night at dinner, there was a card game going on at the table next to Linda and I. I was trying to determine if they were playing Texas Hold-Em or some other version of poker, planning to see if they needed another player if it was a poker game I like. There were two young ladies and a young gentleman in the game, and I inquired of the taller of the two ladies what game they were playing. “Trades” was the one word reply. When I related that I had played poker of every type and kind, all over the world, and had not heard of “Trades”, I was asked by the young gentleman how old I was, and when I replied he said that I would not be able to play “Trades”, as it was a much younger game. The shorter of the two ladies said: “It’s not really your age, but that you might not understand or be interested in this game.”

    I have had the gauntlet thrown at me before, so I took up the challenge. After my losing the first 57 hands, they took pity on me and said they would explain the game to me. Maranda (the taller of the two ladies) had won 26 hands, Mariah, (the shorter lady) had won 15 hands, and Jeremy ( the young gentleman of the group) had won 16 hands. I was informed by Mariah that Maranda cheats, which Maranda promptly denied. Jeremy explained: “Trades was made up by the three of us. We are the only people in the world who know how to play Trades. We make it up as we go, to benefit whichever of us has a chore we are responsible for that we would like to ‘trade” for something different.” When Jeremy explained it that way, it seemed perfectly logical.

    The three of them jumped in to help Donna get the café ready to close. Upon being told that I am a disabled Veteran, they cut me some slack and took over the chores that I would have had to do until September 13, 2017. These are Donna’s kids. Maranda-12 yrs old, Mariah-11 yrs. old, and Jeremy-7 yrs old. I should have known better than to play cards with card sharps of that age.



Gemini Man
Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment